These yummy muffins are legal on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). They are also gluten-free, if that’s more your thing. 🙂
- 3 cups in total of the following – grated or chopped finely.
- Herby tomatoes – oven or sun-dried (see my other post for recipe)
- Eschallots /spring onions – small bunch chopped finely (you can substitute with an onion if you prefer)
- Zucchini – grated finely, excess water squeezed out
- Olives – a handful is plenty – chopped finely
- Cheese – cheddar/tasty/mature – whatever type you like – grated
- and/or anything else you prefer to include.
- 1/4 cup pre-cooked bacon – diced
- 3 eggs – beaten
- 3 cups of nut flour
- 1/4 cup butter – melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- salt to taste
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease your muffin tray or line it with muffin papers.
Mix your 3 cups of chopped goodies with the bacon, nut flour, melted butter and honey. Add the beaten eggs and baking soda and stir until combined.
Transfer mix to muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes or until done.
FYI: I use almond flour, but I have to use it sparingly as it doesn’t always agree with me. So recently I’ve been using only 2 cups of nut flour and adding 2 or 3 more eggs. This gives more of a quiche consistency once baked, but is still super yummy. I haven’t tried making these with another kind of nut flour yet. Let me know what works for you. 🙂