I made this cute little fella with some thin (3ply) crochet yarn/thread I had lying around, and its equivilant hook. He is 3cm tall. I have since attached a loop to the top of his head and made him into a mobile phone charm. :) Here’s a photo of his back…
I made him using a japanese pattern. However, the company has since translated the pattern into english. :)
Gosyo has all sorts of free knitting and crochet patterns on their website. This is how you can get to them…
- Go to Gosyo’s home page here
- Click on ‘online shopping in english’ in the top right of screen
- Click on ‘free patterns’ or ‘patterns club’ in the left margin
- Complete ‘Easy Registration’ with your name and email address
- on that same page click on ‘Translated patterns into english’
- there’s lots of free knitting and crochet patterns in here. For example, to find this penguin… in the drop down menu beside ‘Catagory’, select ‘Toys’
- Click on the little penguin pattern (the penguin in their picture is pink and white) which will open the pattern pdf.
- Save the pdf document to your computer for easy reference.
Happy Crocheting. :)