I made this cute little fella with some thin (3ply) crochet yarn/thread I had lying around, and its equivilant hook. He is 3cm tall. I have since attached a loop to the top of his head and made him into a mobile phone charm. Here’s a photo of his back…
I made him using a japanese pattern. However, the company has since translated the pattern into english.
Gosyo has all sorts of free knitting and crochet patterns on their website. This is how you can get to them…
- Go to Gosyo’s home page here
- Click on ‘online shopping in english’ in the top right of screen
- Click on ‘free patterns’ or ‘patterns club’ in the left margin
- Complete ‘Easy Registration’ with your name and email address
- on that same page click on ‘Translated patterns into english’
- there’s lots of free knitting and crochet patterns in here. For example, to find this penguin… in the drop down menu beside ‘Catagory’, select ‘Toys’
- Click on the little penguin pattern (the penguin in their picture is pink and white) which will open the pattern pdf.
- Save the pdf document to your computer for easy reference.